Wednesday 14 October 2009

Vegan MOFO Post #7: In celebration of bagels

There is a 24 hour jewish bakery near where I live. I'm lucky right? As a consequence, I eat a lot of bagels (they spell it 'beigel' on the shop sign, but 'bagel' on the menu. confused). I have had a bagel for breakfast almost every day this week, and I often take a bagel in to work.
This is my favourite way to eat them:


toasted, and covered in peanut butter and agave nectar.


I also really like pb and blueberry jam, but I forgot to buy more jam when I went shopping so


I washed it down with a coffee/hot chocolate/soymilk hybrid mutant.

I tried making my own bagels once and completely failed. They turned out more like, I dont know, eccles cakes - gross! I will have another attempt one day, but for now I will leave bagel making to the experts.

No comments: