Tuesday 5 January 2010

Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes

I told you there would be more! TO celebrate and further welcome my new cupcake pan to my home, I made these Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World...I love this book more than I love most things. These cakes were easy to put together, quick to bake, and while they squidged a little, they rose well overall and kept their shape. I put buttercream vanilla icing on top and then spprinkled with flaked almonds for decoration.

I have never eaten a Red Velvet cupcake, or even heard of one. Maybe theyre not a UK thing? So I was a little dubious about the colour, but I liked the look of them once they'd cooked. And the taste is good - not too chocolatey, not too almondy, not too anything. But yummy.

(I took photos, but blogger is being broke, Ill add them later)

3 comments:

Lucy said...

they sound lovely - I've never eaten one either :)

inca said...

Hi Alexandra,wow they do sound yummy,you have inspired me to try cupcakes,think a new book from Amazon is called for!!!!Love your blog,I must re start mine again:)beckyx

Alexandra (lean and strong) said...

Thanks for the comments guys! I definitely recommend 'Vegan Cupcakes...', its such a pretty little book and the recipes are great.

<3