Friday 8 January 2010

The joy of NEW, FREE cookbooks

Well, free might be a slight hyperbole...in an effort to Get Rich Quick in my first summer break at uni, I signed up to do surveys on the internet. The surveys trickled in ever so slowly, earning 25p here, and 10p there. Fast forward over two years, and I am not rich, and it certainly wasnt quick, but today I got a £20 amazon gift voucher as recompense for my time and trouble! So I immediately put in an order for two things I have been lusting after, but unable to justify buying - Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, and Veganomicon. I am incredibly excited! VWAV and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World are my two favourite cookbooks (believe the hype) and amazon says I will have their companions in under a week. I am going to celebrate by eating one of the second batch of apricot-glazed almond cupcakes and drinking a big mug of coffee (I have been baking like a madwoman). Life is sweet!

1 comment:

inca said...

ha ha well done!!!! My two books arrived today,only took 2 days even with all this snow,(they must of known I was desperate to get my hands on the book) I just keep looking through the beautiful pages,which are your favourite cakes and do you use muffin cases also is the cup measurement on my jug the correct cup?They say good things come to those who wait,amazon are speedy regardless of the weather!Enjoy and let me know what you bake,becky x