Sunday 4 January 2009

New Books and Trips Out

I had some very thoughtful christmas presents this year. Both my mother and flatmate bought me Vegan With a Vengeance, which I already had but lost, which was great. Like most of you I'm sure, I love love love Vwav, and I love love love http://theppk.com/, whch I'm sure you're familiar with (but if not, familiarise yourself now! You won't regret it!)

Also from my mother I got a copy of 'Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World', which is amazing in every way, and cute to the extreme. Also, she gave me lots of exciting baking things. So far I've made carrot cake cupcakes, peanut butter cupcakes, and basic golden cupcakes (I have photos, and will update when I upload them.) Seriously good.

My brother and I went out for high tea at the Pogo Cafe in Hackney http://www.pogocafe.co.uk I had cheesecake, which is something I've missed, and I was very impressed. If you're in London, definitely check it out.

2 comments:

Tara said...

When I first got Vegan Cupcakes I made a ton of cupcakes as well! They are all so good! It sounds like you got some very nice things for Christmas, and I hope you enjoy them!

Jenn said...

High tea at a vegan restaurant sounds so fancy! (am I supposed to say posh?)

Cupcakes are awesome and I really should make more. The buttercreme frosting recipe in vctotw makes a TON and I still have about 4 cups leftover from the last batch of golden cupcakes I made.

Enjoy!