School has started again and that means that I am busy. So while I'm still cooking, I'm cooking fast and simple rather than complicated and fancy. My favourite food of the moment is Cabbage, Green Beans and Noodles because it takes less than ten minutes to prepare, it's filling and has energy and green things in it, and (with bargain bin noodles) cost 20p per meal. Obviously you can jazz it up with better ingredients, and probably make it more nutritious; here is the basic method.
a handful of green beans
1/4 cabbage, sliced up very thin
noodles of your choice, to serve one
clove of garlic
knob of fresh ginger
- start frying the beans, because they will take longest
- prepare your noodles
- add the cabbage to the pan
- add the garlic and ginger, both shredded up finely or crushed
- splash balsamic vinegar over everything
- cook for a minute. this mellows the vinegar, and makes it less tangy.
- splash soy sauce over everything
- cook for another minute
- add noodles, mix it all up, and fry it off for a little longer