This is what I made for lunch today, it was fantastic. I was really pleased with how the potato came out, and the scones were brilliant!
Potato and Green Bean Creamy Mustard Bake
4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
400 ml soy milk
4 big potatoes
handful of green beans
salt to taste
- chop the potatoes into cubes, and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- heat the oven to 200C
- make a roux - melt the butter in a saucepan and stir the flour in.
- gradually add in the soya milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- add the mustard and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes or so.
- drain the potatoes and green beans, then put into a casserole dish. Pour over the sauce.
- put in the oven, on a low shelf, and cook for 12-15 minutes.
The scones involved nutritional yeast (finally got hold of some - very exciting!) and garlic powder, and were very nice.