Monday 11 October 2010

and a catch up!

So, no posts since january...what have I been doing all this time? Not so much exciting stuff early on, but I am trying my best to make up for that now!

I started a new job in February, with regular daytime working hours and weekends off, and it has taken much longer that expected to settle into a routine. Not much exciting cooking, and lots of pasta sauces from jars and ready made salads. I've still been cooking at weekends, but it has been hard to get into the habit of making decent homemade lunches to take into work. I imagine this is a common problem, and I will give it my best attention till I figure it out.

I have been crocheting like bonkers though, on the bus, on my lunch break, at the library, everywhere! I have started a few exciting projects for Christmas, like this:

A big star shaped hug for my mum. And this 3dc shell scarf:


And this highly tasteful (I think!) square blanket, for my bed:

I took up crochet when I graduated and spent four months out of work, and I never stopped. I recommend it to everyone!

I've got a pot of red lentil, sweet potato and onion stew simmering on top of the hob at the moment, but I have been unable to take an apetising photo of it...it looks like a swamp in a pan. If it looks any better in the bowl, you can see it, but don't get your hopes up.

No comments: